FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Wednesday June 19

AM Practiced  heeling and sitting at Snow South, I was struggling with this and with Jessi's help am doing better. Also went to the football fields at Richfield High School, had Stink walk on the elevated bleachers, also had him stand and stroked his head. He did pretty good but there was distraction, he did not try and get down or move his body just his head, with my hand under his chin it helped. Quite time at home.

PM Drove to Lions Park Richfield, longe line for about 5 minutes because he is pretty wound up after being in his crate for 1 hour before training.  On leash, heel, right turn, left turn and sit. Used the cement wall around the park to practice the stand position. Cosmo does much better on the cement walk way in stead of the grass. The grass has so many smells so I mix it up with both, I want him to be successful. Cool down and quiet time also at Lions Park, there was a ball game going on so a lot of commotion. Quite time went well except for when Stink saw another dog running loose, after that he relaxed and was calm again.

I have noticed that Stink is doing much better around the dogs that live next door at the Flower Shop. He can see them out the dinning room window and use to have a barking fit when he was them., I physically had to remove him and put him on his leash to get him to calm down.  Now he will bark once, I say out and he come to me for soothing. This is definitely one of the things I wanted to accomplish. Also when I have company he would bark like crazy, now when someone comes over he barks when someone knocks at the door, I put him on his leash answer the door, have him sit, tell him it is ok and talk to the company asking them to ignore him and he is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment